New Vacancy - Copywriter - Outdoor and Cycle Concept
We are looking for an experienced Copywriter to work in our fast paced department based in Guildford.
You will be expected to write copy for brochure, web and all marketing communications across all four of our brands within Outdoor and Cycle Concepts (Snow and Rock, Runners Need, Cycle Surgery and Cotswold Outdoor).
Working closely with the Marketing, B&M, Ecomm and Design teams, the copywriter will be required to work to deadlines and follow a brief, while upholding the brand and tone of voice guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Ensuring that each brand has a unique and engaging tone of voice
- Developing clear and easy to use tone of voice guidelines for each brand to ensure that all copy, regardless of the channel, has a coherent feel to it.
- Writing clear, compelling long and short copy for products across all channels as well as creative copy for blog posts, POS, emails, newsletters, brochure intros, etc
- Amending, revising or redeveloping copy, in response to feedback
- Checking all the content is correct and edit documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Maintaining existing and managing new copy to increase engagement levels and suggest opportunities to enhance our content offer to the customer.
- Using the tone of voice guidelines up skill other members of the business who are required to write copy.
- Attending meetings with departments and teams, taking and questioning briefs, discussing the product requirements and core messages.
- Ensuring comprehensive knowledge of products, target audiences and competitor activities within the market
- Working on multiple projects at any one time, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines, being able to prioritise and communicate this to a wider audience.
- Be able to research subjects quickly and accurately, translating them into engaging copy, on-brand and with authority.
- Previous copywriting experience across a cross section of channels
- Depending on the specific copywriting role, knowledge and a passion for cycling, outdoors, snow and run.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Curious and a passion for self-learning, proactively seeking out new information and new angles on category information
Apply now with your cv and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience, why you want to work for Outdoor and Cycle Concepts and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org