New Vacancy - eCommerce Product Content Executive
To contribute to the objective of getting products listed on the Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and Runners Need websites at the earliest possible opportunity, and with an appropriate level of content to aid the user’s buying decision. This will primarily be achieved through:
1. Creating highly effective, original and targeted product copy for clothing and equipment, maintaining core brand values.
2. Sourcing and uploading images and video to enhance product information available and aid conversion.
- Writing and editing product descriptions and other web collateral.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the target audience, maintaining the editorial style and ‘tone of voice’ for each brand.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and prioritise activities to meet tight deadlines.
- Work with the Ecommerce Product Content Manager to ensure all products have the required level of copy to support the online sales and conversion expectations.
- Undertake regular checks of featured and best-selling products to ensure copy is comprehensive and sufficient to enable the customer to make an informed decision to purchase.
- Use your attention to detail to identify and correct errors, and ensure consistency across products.
- Source and process product images and videos when required, to support the wider Product Content team objectives.
- Support the ecommerce team with other content requirements and other tasks on an ad hoc basis to meet team objectives.
- Adhere at all times to the schedules and processes that are required to maintain an efficient department
You will be working with:
- Colleagues within the eCommerce team
- Buying & Merchandising
- Partner brands, to ensure we have sufficient product content information
- Colleagues at Cotswold Outdoor, to share experiences and good practice
- Liaison with third party service and software providers, as required
- Knowledge of the outdoors and sports industries
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Proven online copywriting skills, with a basic understanding of SEO
Behaviour and Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge and experience using the English language for creative and technical writing
- Experience proof reading to identify and correct spelling and grammar errors; and suggest copy structure improvements
- Ability to write concise, informative and compelling “on brand” copy that conveys the product features and benefits to the end user
- Demonstrable outdoor and sport industry product knowledge in order to write detailed technical product descriptions
- A high level of attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and determination
- Proven time management skills
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
All internal applicants must have the support of their Manager prior to applying.