New Vacancy - eCommerce Product Content Manager
To maximise sales by effectively managing the availability of standard and extended ranges and associated product detail page content on the Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and Runners Need websites.
Responsibility for the management and development of the eCommerce product content team. Remit includes prioritisation of products for listing and overall responsibility for quality and accuracy of content. Product content includes, but is not limited to written copy, images and video.
People Responsibility: 3 direct reports
- Manage quality and accuracy of information in product copy, images and video
- Working with Buying & Merchandising and other departments to prioritise listing of standard and extended range products on the site
- Managing and developing the eCommerce product content team
- Seek to continually improve communication across relevant departments to improve efficiencies
- Ensure selected products for tactical promotions, offers and campaigns are available on site to meet deadlines
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure assets are received in a timely manner, to achieve internal deadlines. Assets to include, but not limited to correct and usable copy, images, samples, product feeds.
- Where required, assist suppliers with on-boarding process for extended range and getting products listed on the Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and Runners Need websites at the earliest opportunity.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the target audience, maintaining the editorial style and ‘tone of voice’.
- Strive to improve the quality, accuracy and relevancy of all product information, to support the online sales and conversion expectations.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and prioritise activities to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain schedules and compile progress reports in order to deliver regular updates to the wider business.
- Identify opportunities to improve workflows and efficiencies, and recommending and proposing changes
- Support the eCommerce team with other tasks if and when required.
You will be working with:
- Colleagues within the eCommerce team
- Buying & Merchandising
- Partner brands, to ensure we have sufficient product content information
- Colleagues at Cotswold Outdoor, to share experiences and good practice
- Liaison with third party service and software providers, as required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Based around the % of items that are online where stock is available either internally or at our suppliers
- Knowledge of the outdoors and sports in the industry
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- An understanding of how customers use information throughout their purchase decision, to present the appropriate content on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Awareness of how visitors use product page content to inform purchase-decisions
- A basic understanding of SEO
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent team management and development skills
- Accurate proof-reading abilities, to identify and correct spelling and grammar errors; and suggest copy structure improvements
- Line management experience
- Good commercial awareness, in order to prioritise opportunities available
- Proven time management abilities
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple projects and delivering to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience influencing and motivating others
Behaviour and Competencies:
- First class customer focus
- Enthusiasm and determination to pro-actively affect change
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Drive to complete
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All internal applicants must have the support of their Manager prior to applying.