The 2XU Compression Short is engineered for activities requiring support to the major upper leg muscles - reducing vibration, improving alignment and protecting against damage and fatigue. Body firming and ideal for exercise, ball sports, training and competition. Can be worn on its own or as a base layer.
- The PWX FLEX fabric delivers optimum power and flexibility to protect the abductor, glute, quad and hamstring muscles
- Drawstring waistband for an adjustable, secure fit
- Internal key pocket for essentials
- Flatlock seams to reduce chafe for greater comfort
- Powerful Invista LYCRA for exceptional fit, support and recovery
- High filament yarns for dryness - wicks sweat from the skin to the fabric exterior
- Antibacterial and UPF50+ sun protection
- Muscle containment - reduced muscle vibration, improved muscle alignment for increased power, protection from muscle damage and fatigue
- Reduces effects of DOMS - delayed onset muscle soreness
- Heightened proprioception - more alert and agile
2XU is driven by a relentless mission to advance human performance through the development of world-leading athletic garments.
Launched in January 2005, 2XU graced the skin of multiple World Champion athletes in its first year, and has gone on to forge powerful alliances with athletes across the globe in numerous sports, including triathlon, cycling, NBA, swimming, netball, AFL, soccer NRL, NFL and, of course, running.
The effects of compression are three-fold: Firstly, it improves performance by holding your muscles firmly in place, reducing muscle fatigue and giving you an increased awareness of body position – helping you to maintain good form. Secondly, it reduces the risk of injury by promoting faster muscle warm-up, minimising muscle oscillation and micro tearing. And in the case of compression tights, which squeeze the ankle tight and gradually apply less pressure going up the leg, it reduces the risk of deep vein thrombosis and blood pooling. Thirdly, it helps you recover faster by reducing swelling and improving blood flow to muscles, accelerating the drainage of harmful toxins built up during exercise.