The Asics Women's ARD Long Sleeve Top is perfect either as a first layer or as a standalone outer garment. This versatile running top has such performance features such as anti-chafe flatlock stitching, breathable mesh and enhanced visibility built right in.
- Lightweight mesh combined with an additional ultra-lightweight mesh provides next-to-skin comfort and continuous moisture transfer
- Performance engineered ultra-lightweight mesh ensures constant breathability
- Strategically designed reflectivity results in visibility in any weather condition
- Flatlock stitch construction prevents chafing and enhances comfort
- Welded seam-free security pocket ensures safe storage for media and other valuables
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.