Stay stable and comfortable over long distances with the Gel-Kayano 23 from Asics, featuring superb FlyteFoam cushioning and a fibre-reinforced midsole that helps the shoes recover their shape after impact. Ensuring comfort from start to finish, the Gel-Kayano 23 hugs your feet and cushions the impact with FlyteFoam technology in the midsole, and it also boasts a 2-layered springy midsole with SuperSpEVA.
- Shoe category: Stability
- Ideal use: Road running
- AHAR+ outsole material delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot, and for night safety there's reflective material produced by 3M company.
- The Comfortdry™ X-40 Sockliner and Comfortdry™ Lasting material both provide excellent moisture management and high-level breathability.
- The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams while the exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Rear foot and Forefoot Gel® Cushioning System attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle, while the full length double density midsole features a lower density top layer for Gender Specific cushioning and comfort.
- Light AHAR Sponge is a blown AHAR rubber outsole material with high abrasion-resistant qualities for added durability, combined with a comfortable, cushioned ride and the next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
- ASICS FluidFit technology combines a technical mesh that stretches in multiple directions with other stretch materials to create a glove-like fit.
- Impact guidance System (I.G.S.) is ASICS® designs philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off. Guidance Trusstic System integrates Guidance construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity while Guidance Line® vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.