The Men's Gel-Kinsei 5 is Asics premium performance running shoe featuring many Asics advanced technologies. Ideal for the runner requiring high levels of cushioning without compromising upon support. The Men's Gel-Kinsei 5 combines cutting edge cushioning with the latest running technology.
- Impact Guidance System - Asics' design philosophy in which the individual components of the shoe work together resulting in a more comfortable step and an improved gait
- Full Length Guidance Line - Vertical flex groove in the sole running from heel to toe which encourages a more efficient running style
- Discrete Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning systems - Silicone-based material placed in critical areas of the sole which dampens shock when the foot hits the ground allowing for a smooth movement through the step and reducing the risk of injury
- Heel Clutching System - Lighweight heel counter on the outside of the upper which provides improved support and fitting around the heel
- Discrete Heel Unit - Dual density gel cushioning in the heel which provides an improved level of shock dampening and stability within the shoe
- X-40 Ortholite Sockliner - Memory foam that provides enhanced bounce back and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment
- Propulsion Trustic System - Plastic bridge under the arch which mimics the connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as the foot moves through each step
- Biomorphic Fit Upper - Stretchy material strategically placed on the upper which reduces bunching when the shoe moves reducing the risk of blisters and irritation
- Weight - 355g
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.