The lightweight Asics Men's GT-2000 3 is the go-to shoe for taking aim at your marathon targets, and it's there for you all the way to the post-race recovery zone. It's built to keep your foot stable, whether you're doing a half-marathon or the whole thing. It cuts the risk of chafing and blisters, and it makes every stride a stable one with a heel counter that clamps your foot in place.
- The flexible, comfortable sole lets your forefoot move freely as you run
- Soft landings come as standard thanks to the rearfoot GEL cushioning
- Evolved from the legendary GEL-2130
- FluidRide 2.0 Midsole - Combines SUPER SpEVA and SUPER SOLYTE for a lighter, yet more adaptable and cushioned ride
- Closure: lace-up
- Clutch Counter - Exoskeletal heel counter offers more support for the foot and counteracts overpronation
- HOTMELT Overlays - Strategically placed overlays replace stitching to reduce weight and improve the dynamic and static fit
- Weight: Approx. 303 grams
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.
You may also like....