Rack up the kilometres in the lightweight GT-2000 4. It's the go-to shoe for taking aim at your running targets, and it keeps your foot supported from the start line to the post-race recovery zone. Every landing is softer with GEL cushioning in the rearfoot. And you get extra support with elastic bands in the upper that wrap around your midfoot.
- Shoe Category: Stability
- Ideal Use: Road running
- Get lots of support with stabilising tech that stops your foot rolling inwards too much
- Enjoy a secure fit with elastic bands around the midfoot and a clamp-like heel counter
- Land softly with GEL cushioning that's positioned just right for overpronators
- ComforDry Sockliner:
- Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance and moisture wicking for a cooler, dryer, healthier environment.
- Guidance Line®:
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Light AHAR sponge:
- A blown AHAR rubber outsole material with high abrasion-resistant qualities for added durability, combined with a comfortable, cushioned ride.
- Dynamic Duomax:
- Next generation DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System:
- Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.
You may also like....