Following on from the popular previous editions, Asics' Men's Gel Kayano 24 is sweet testimony to the continuous innovation and thoughtful design of the shoe.
This version features an evolved adaptive fit on the upper and an overall fit that is more true to size, while still offering overpronators stability and comfort, to improve running efficiency and decrease risk of injury over varying distances.
This ultra-reliable performer hugs feet and cushions impact to make the last mile as comfortable as the first.
- Shoe category: Stability
- Ideal use: Road running
- I.G.S® (IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM) TECHNOLOGY to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off
- FLYTEFOAM® MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance
- FLUIDRIDE® MIDSOLE provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability
- FLUIDFIT® UPPER creates a truly customized glove-like fit
- HEEL CLUTCHING SYSTEM™ TECHNOLOGY provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment
- REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL® TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEMS attenuate shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allow movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
- DYNAMIC DUOMAX™ SUPPORT SYSTEM enhances stability and support
- GUIDANCE LINE® MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY - vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency
- GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM™ TECHNOLOGY for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- ORTHOLITE® X-40 SOCKLINER features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management
- SPEVAFOAM™ 45 LASTING for a soft platform feel and improved comfort
- Weight: 320g approx.
- Heel Height: 22mm
- Forefoot Height: 12mm
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.
You may also like....