The Women's Gel-Kayano 20 is now even lighter than the previous version, while the cushioning has never been better. The built in guidance line guides your foot through from impact to push off, meaning a more efficient running style.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Road Running
- Approx. 315 grams
- Impact Guidance System to enhance the natural gait from heel strike to toe off
- Rearfoot and forefoot Gel cushioning systems for shock absorbancy
- Full length Guidance Line for enhanced gait efficiency
- Fluidride midsole for bounce back and cushioning
- Dynamic DuoMax midsole support system for enhanced support and stability
- Guidance Trusstic system for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- Clutch counter improves support and fit around the heel
- FluidFit to ensure a glove like fit
- Discrete eyelets reduces any possible irritation
- Weight: 510g
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.