Knock off the kilometres in the GEL-NIMBUS 18, the long-distance running shoe with huge amounts of cushioning. Whether it's a half-marathon or the whole thing, this lightweight shoe makes every stride more comfortable. Enjoy softer landings with GEL cushioning placed in just the right position for neutral runners.
- The most comfortable running shoe for neutral runners
- Your foot bounds off the ground thanks to the bouncy FluidRide midsole
- GEL cushioning placed in just the right position for neutral runners, to provide a softer landing
- Your full power goes into each push-off thanks to the flexible sole
- Snug upper with minimal stitches and a 3D skeleton print giving you extra support
- Guidance Line
- COMFORDRY X-40 SOCKLINER
- Shoe Category:
- Ideal Use:
- Track/Road Running
- Approx. 220g
- GEL cushioning:
- Attenuates sock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Guidance Line:
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- COMFORDRY X-40 SOCKLINER:
- This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and high-level breathability.
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.