The Asics Vesta Running Jacket is a lovely lightweight jacket to keep the cold, wind and rain off. If you are training through the winter months then a running jacket becomes essential and Asics clothing is affordable whilst offering amazing styling and performance.
The fabric is water repellent to keep all but the heaviest of down pours from getting through. Plus with the mesh inserts in key areas there is plenty of ventilation and breathability to ensure that you remain dry and comfortable. Small zip pockets on the side also included for storage of essentials such as mobile and keys.
- Protect you against the elements by making use of wind and water repellent polyester woven fabric
- Keep you dry and comfortable with mesh inserts under the arms and across the back for ventilation and an adjustable draw cord at the hem for a better fit
- Minimise chafing with a chin guard at the top of the zipper for added comfort
- Improve your visibility with colourful and reflective ASICS logo and side piping on the fabric
- Retain storage of small items by way of side zip pockets
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.
You may also like....