Designed with human intelligence in mind and the drive for making the best long-distance runners shoe, ASICS and the ASICS Institute of Sport Science introduce MetaRun.
Adapting and contouring to your individual running style, MetaRun is built using the latest ASICS exclusive technologies providing you with the best and first ever running shoe with a responsive ride. Experience it to believe it.
Introducing five new technologies FlyteFoam, Adapttruss, Jacquard Mesh, MetaClutch, and X-GEL.
- Shoe category: Neutral
- Ideal use: Road running
- IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM (I.G.S.) - ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- AHAR+ - New blown AHAR outsole material. Delivers enhanced cushioning, durability and ride to the foot.
- COMFORDRY X-40 SOCKLINER - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and high-level breathability.
- FLUIDFIT - ASICS FluidFit technology combines a technical mesh that stretches in multiple directions with other stretch materials to create a glove-like fit.
- FLYTEFOAM - Constructed using groundbreaking midsole foam, the FlyteFoam is 55%* lighter than the industry standard. Its organic fibres bounce the MetaRun back into its original shape to provide perfect cushioning from the start of your run to the finish. *+/- 10%.
- SLOPED DUOMAX - DuoMax system provides greater comfort and enhances gait efficiency by adjusting smoothly to dynamic motion.
- JACQUARD MESH - A new one-layer engineered mesh minimises rubbing between the foot and the upper to create a super snug, glove-like fitting experience. A unique combination of closed and open weave patterns optimises flexibility and breathability.
- METACLUTCH AND MEMORY FOAM LINING - The new x-shaped construction of the external clutch counter will perfectly wrap the inside and outside of your ankle bone. Thanks to the memory foam lining, the MetaRun delivers a personalised heel fit every time you step into the shoe.
- X-GEL - Innovative use of ASICS high tech GEL in new more efficient shapes and precision positioning deliver unrivalled cushioning, ASICS introduces X-GEL.
- REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL® CUSHIONING SYSTEM - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- 3M REFLECTIVE - Reflective material produced by 3M company, for night safety.
- GUIDANCE LINE® - Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
ASICS is an acronym of the Latin phrase ‘Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning ‘A Sound Mind In A Sound body’. And staying true to this philosophy, every ASICS product is made to enable professional and everyday athletes alike to push the boundaries of their physical capabilities.
Innovative from the very start, ASICS’ first pair of shoes, produced in 1949, featured a unique recessed sole design, which mimicked the action of an octopus’ suction cup. They were targeted at Japan’s up-and-coming basketball scene and, despite some notable successes of ASICS athletes in the 1950s and 60s, it wasn’t until the 1970s that the company established itself in the athletics world as a go-to manufacturer of running shoes.
Not content to rest on its laurels, ASICS opened the Research Institute of Sports Science in Kobe, Japan, and has since helped to advance technology in sports shoes and apparel industry wide through studying and analysing the movements of the human body and testing all kinds of weird and wonderful materials.
Today, ASICS is one of the world’s best known makers of performance shoes and apparel and the true runner’s choice, whether at professional sporting events, the Olympics or on a casual run in the park.
You may also like....