Trail and Mountain Running is a practical guide for runners designed to help those who are already running off road and wanting to improve their performance, to try longer or rougher terrain with confidence, and those who simply want to venture from roads onto trails and mountain paths for the first time.
Divided into three sections, the book covers:
• Training fundamentals – giving you all the knowledge you need to run off road in terms of training programme, looking after your body, kit and equipment and staying safe in the environment
• Racing – providing more detailed advice about what to do pre, during and post race to maximize performance
• Optimizing performance – more advanced information on training and racing, and supplementary areas such as altitude training, which can help performance
• Throughout the book advice is given relative to four 'typical races' of different lengths and terrain; all of which is interspersed by real life anecdotes and stories from the authors.
- Author: Sarah Rowell and Wendy Dodds
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Crowood Press
- Publication date: May, 2013
- ISBN13: 9781847974556
- Page size: 235 x 165mm
- Pages: 171
- Weight: 400g
- Productcode: E4982007