Combining the best features of Garmin’s fitness and outdoor watches, the Garmin Fenix 2 is a rugged multi-sport training partner and outdoor navigator. Whether running, cycling, mountaineering, skiing or swimming, it lets you easily switch between optimised at-a-glance feature sets.
Runners can view their pace, time, distance and more, while trail runners can view a profile showing ascent, performance and vertical speed. Open water and indoor swimmers can track their stroke count, distance, pace and more.
When used with the Garmin HRM-Run monitor (available separately) you can get stats about form and fitness. From your heart rate and performance data, it can estimate VO2 Max – an indicator of your overall fitness. It can also measure your running cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time – all indicators of your running efficiency. After your training, the Recovery Advisor tells you how much time you need to recover. With the Garmin Bike Cadence sensor (available separately) it can also give information on your performance and tracks cadence and power to complete your performance metrics.
The Fenix 2’s package of navigation aids includes a built-in barometric altimeter, which provides elevation data to accurately monitor your ascent and descent. There is also a 3-axis compass. The Fenix 2 not only tracks where you've been, but it can also guide you around the wilderness. It also allows you to create routes with up to 1,000 waypoints and can record up to 10,000 track points.
Share your outdoor experiences instantly, just connect the Fenix 2 to your smartphone and share your position with your family and friends through Live Track and Garmin Connect 2.0. Smart Notification also allows you to wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your iPhone 4s or later.
- Watch: Time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, chimes and vibration
- Navigation: GPS location, route planning and tracking, electronic compass, barometer, altimeter
- Fitness: Distance, time, pace, laps, strokes; with optional sensors (not included): VO2 max, recovery advisor, advanced running dynamics, cylcling power and cadence
- GPS enabled with high sensitivity receiver
- Waterproof rating: 5ATM/50M
- Smart notifications
- Memory: 20MB
- Battery: Rechargable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 50 hours in GPS mode, 5 weeks in watch mode
- Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth, ANT+
- Display: LCD monochrome
- Display diameter: 3.1cm
- Display resolution: 70 x 70px
- Size: 4.9 x 4.9 x 1.7cm
- Weight: 91g
Garmin is a leading, worldwide provider of navigation, they are committed to making superior products for outdoor and sports that are an essential part of their customers lives. From cutting edge GPS units, sports watches to heart rate monitors, Garmin are at the forefront of innovation.