- Dri-FIT fabric wicks sweat away to help keep feet dry and comfortable
- Footstrike zonal cushioning softens impacts where it's needed most
- Dynamic arch bridge for a supportive compression fit
- Lightweight mesh for enhanced breathability
- Split-toe design with contoured toe pocket for cushioning and reduced bulk
- Y-stitch heel pocket for a comfortable fit
- Reinforced heel and toe
- Left/right specific for enhanced fit
- Dri-FIT 64% nylon/33% polyester/3% spandex
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....