The Nike Free RN Distance Men's Running Shoe is ideal for longer runs. Lunarlon cushioning and large hexagonal flex grooves allow a more natural running motion allow you to run comfortably mile after mile. The upper is constructed from single-layer, engineered knit fabric for added breathability.
- Shoe category: Cross training
- Ideal use: Cross training
- Hexagonal flex grooves that offer six points of flexibility
- Lunarlon cushioning system delivers miles of soft responsiveness and support
- Flywire cables integrated with the laces wrap your arch for an adaptive, supportive fit
- Partial inner sleeve wraps your forefoot in breathable comfort
- Deconstructed mesh heel provides support and breathability
- Solid rubber segments under the toe for enhanced traction and durability
- Anatomical heel enables more natural motion
- Weight: 249 grams approx. (men's size 9)
- Offset: 4mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.