Providing versatility on the run, the Nike Lightweight Water bottle is true to its name with its lightweight, one handed design with textured thumb pad keeping essential fluids close at all times.
- Symmetrical shape for comfort and use in either hand, allowing runner to regularly transfer and avoid fatigue
- Textured rubber thumb pad on squeezable bottle for added grip and comfort
- Angled wide mouth opening with pop-up valve for easy filling, cleaning, addition of nutrient mixes while being easier to squeeze and close
- Zippered small item pocket to securely hold on-the-go essentials including keys, cards and money
- Cord management feature to keep media-player cords organised and out of the way
- ID tag for personal identification
- Materials: 66% polyethylene/29% polypropylene/5% thermoplastic rubber
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.