The Nike Lunaracer +3 is a running shoe that is lightweight and comfortable. It gives great support and is durable, whilst reducing friction. The Lunarlon cushioning gives soft support, featuring a foam core bonded to a lightweight Phylon carrier giving lasting support.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Lightweight/ Racing
- Dual-layer mesh tongue with a sweat-wicking outer layer that pulls sweat away for comfort
- Ultra-soft collar lining for a comfortable, snug fit
- Reflective elements for visibility in low light
- Waffle pistons on the outsole for added cushioning and response
- Deep cuts along the length and width of the base for flexibility and a more natural, efficient stride
- Extra-durable rubber in high-wear zones to enhance durability and traction without added weight
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....