The Nike Menâ€™s 5â€� Race Short is comfortable and breathable for runners. With laser perforations at the sides, it gives great ventilation where it lets vapours escape to give extra airflow. A mesh gusset gives breathability, and built-in-briefs give extra support.
- Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable
- Elastic waist with interior drawcord for a snug, adjustable fit
- Built-in briefs for a comfortable, supportive fit
- Zip pocket at back waist for secure, dry storage
- Laser perforations at sides for excellent ventilation
- Mesh gusset for breathability where it counts
- 5" inseam based on size medium
- Interior pocket for small item storage
- Fabric: Body: Dri-FIT 100% polyester. Gusset: 100% recycled polyester. Front Lining: 84% recycled polyester/16% spandex. Back Lining: 89% polyester/11% spandex
- Machine wash
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.