- A low-profile, fully bonded waistband with an internal "nike running" drawcord minimizes excess fabric, providing a sleek silhouette.
- Laser cut graphic at the back of waistband for improved ventilation and an iconic look
- Outer shell features stretch woven fabrication and a mesh gusset
- Centre back zip pocket with water barrier provides secure storage for small items
- Screen print graphic on left leg
- Reflective elements for improved visibility in low light conditions
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.