Inspired by the iconic style of the Nike Destroyer, the water-resistant Nike Sphere Bomber Menâ€™s Running Jacket features a Nike Sphere Thermal lining for warmth and comfort on your run.
- The lightweight taffeta fabric is water resistant for coverage in wind and rain.
- Articulated sleeves for greater range of motion.
- Zippered pockets on the side seams and arm for secure, small-item storage.
- Internal audio pocket for media-player storage.
- Reflective elements for visibility in low light.
- Fabric: Body: 100% recycled polyester. Lining: Dri-FIT 100% recycled polyester. Collar/hem/cuffs: Dri-FIT 88% polyester/12% spandex.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.