The fabric of the Nike Element Half-Zip Men's Running Jacket creates a soft, smooth feel. Its Dri-FIT fabric is designed to keep out the cold and keep in the warmth. Ergonomic seams and reflective elements deliver enhanced range of motion and increased visibility in low light.
- Dri-FIT fabric to wick away sweat and help keep you dry and comfortable
- Flat-seam construction to minimise chafing
- Reflective features for increased visibility in low light
- Reflective loop at upper back to keep media-player cords out of the way
- Mock neck zips up to the chin to keep out the cold
- Underarm panels for wide range of motion
- Fabric: Dri-FIT 88% polyester/12% elastane
- Machine washable
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.