The Nike Element Shield Max Jacket is a sleek and weather-defying, cold-weather running jacket that wonâ€™t slow you down. Its has been specifically designed to give you an unrestricted range of motion without added bulk. Created with fabric that's water and wind-resistant without sacrificing breathability, this jacket has an advanced lining that's soft to the touch and pulls sweat to the surface for fast evaporation.
- Storm-FIT fabric to repel wind, rain and snow so you stay dry and comfortable
- Adjustable hood with drawcord at front and back to help block out the elements
- Hood and body lining with 3-D structured Dri-FIT fabric to keep sweat at bay while reducing cling
- Reflective piping, panels and plackets for 360-degree visibility
- Bonded zip construction for easy on and off and customised ventilation.
- Optional face-mask built-in for protection from the elements when you need it
- Zip pocket at centre back with cord-management solution to keep media-player cords out of the way
- Thumbholes with interior cuffs to provide coverage and warmth during colder runs
- Sit pockets at sides for convenient storage while running
- Fabric: Body: Storm-FIT 100% polyester
- Machine wash
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.