- Nike Flex fabric stretches with your body
- Built-in liner offers sweat-wicking comfort
- Perforated panels enhance breathability
- Elastic waistband with an internal drawcord customizes the fit
- Drawcord has a repeat Nike Running trademark print
- 7" inseam delivers coverage that won't inhibit mobility
- Zippered pocket on the right-back hip has a vapor barrier to help keep items dry
- Hand pockets in the side seams and an additional drop-in pocket at the back-left hip provide extra storage for small items
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.