The Nike Menâ€™s Free 4.0 V3 is designed to offer a natural motion that strengthens the foot and is flexible. The upper has large mesh panels on the midfoot which enhances the airflow, allowing breathability. Moulded sock liners that copies feet curvature, give a fit that is comfortable and supportive.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Road Running
- Approx.218 grams
- Textured mesh full inner sleeve for a dynamic, sock-like fit that hugs the foot
- Tongue-wrap construction for easy on and off
- Diagonal cuts through the arch to encourage natural motion flexibility and help increase foot strength
- Minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for a great fit, enhanced comfort and added support
- Abrasion-resistant rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Waffle outsole pistons for greater traction and durability and a more efficient toe-off
- Offset: 6mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....