The Nike Men's Free 5.0 Men's Running Shoe combines the principles of natural motion with cushioning that accommodates every running style. This updated version gets down to basics with less layers on the upper, creating a lightweight fit for an amazingly flexible ride.
- Designed for: race/lightweight
- Ideal use: road running
- No-sew overlays for support and durability without added weight
- Traditional tongue construction to cushion lace pressure
- Minimal sockliner moulds to your foot's curvature for added support and comfort
- Waffle outsole lugs help absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Weight: 230g
- Shoe Category - Race/Lightweight
- Ideal Use - Road Running
- Weight - Approx. 230 grams
- Upper - Lightweight meshes coupled with dynamic flywire offer a breathable and secure lock down while seamless inner booty gives a plush and comfortable fit.
- Midsole - Flex grooves within the Phylon midsole allow the foot to move naturally in multiple directions.
- Outsole - New flex pattern offers 6 directions of motion providing the most flexible outsole to date. Strategically placed rubber lugs for added durability.
- Profile - Inspired by the bare foot, its designed to maximize a foot's natural range of motion while providing protection and cushioning for all runners.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....