The Nike Free RN Men's Running Shoe has been designed with a new midsole pattern that expands and contracts with your foot allowing unparalleled flexibility. The upper is constructed from mesh for added breathability, so every step you take is as comfortable as possible.
- Shoe category: Cross training
- Ideal use: Cross training
- Lightweight, breathable mesh upper
- Nike Free midsole expands in multiple directions adding a new dimension of flexibility
- Rounded mimics the shape of your foot and rolls naturally with the ground
- New midsole foam delivers exceptionally comfortable cushioning
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces and can be adjusted for an adaptive fit
- Minimal sockliner moulds to the shape of your foot for added support
- Lightweight solid rubber segments under the toe and heel for enhanced traction and durability
- Weight: 248g (approx.) (men's size 9)
- Offset: 8mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....