The Nike Hurricane Men's Running Jacket is made with ultra-lightweight nylon and adjustment features at the hood and hem for a snug, custom fit that blocks out wind and rain. Underarm gussets offer a fit that moves with you, mile after mile.
- Multi-panel hood that zips up to the chin with bungee and toggle for warmth and protection from the elements
- Underarm gussets for wider range of motion
- Elastic cuffs and bungee and toggle at hem for an enhanced fit
- Side zip pockets for storage
- Reflective elements for enhanced visibility in low light
- Fabric: Body: 100% nylon. Lining: 100% polyester.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.