Known for stability, the Nike LunarEclipse 5 for men hits the road with a plush footstrike and enhanced medial support. The asymmetrical tongue pairs with the pressure-mapped outsole for a contoured fit and supremely natural stride.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Road Running
- Approx. 300 grams
- Engineered mesh upper provides seamless comfort and lightweight support
- Heel clip activates at heel strike to increase stability
- Lunarlon cushioning delivers a soft yet responsive ride
- Flywire cables wrap the lateral and medial sides for support
- Dynamic Support platform helps limit pronation
- Pressure-mapped outsole promotes a natural foot strike
- Comfort-fit collar hugs your ankle while the heel clip adds stability
- Reflective details remain visible on low-light runs
- Asymmetrical tongue contours to the foot's natural shape
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....