The Nike LunarTempo 2 Men's Running Shoe combines the lightweight fit of a racing shoe with soft Lunarlon cushioning for an ultra-smooth ride ideal for both tempo training and longer distances. The new perforated inner bootie provides enhanced breathability and a sock-like fit.
Single-layer engineered mesh helps keep your feet cool while offering targeted support. Flywire cables wrap your midfoot and tighten with the laces for an adaptive, locked-in fit that moves with you. Soft, ultralight Lunarlon foam is bonded to a lightweight Phylon carrier to deliver an excellent blend of plush cushioning and durable support.
- Foam collar for a plush feel
- Mesh tongue with foam lining for comfort against the laces
- Enlarged Waffle pistons absorb impact
- Shoe Category:
- Race and Lightweight
- Ideal Use:
- Both tempo training and longer distances
- Approx.210 grams
- Nike Lunarlon technology uses specially designed foams of varying densities to provide incredibly lightweight sport-specific cushioning that feels soft yet springy. The Lunarlon midsole cushioning system consists of two parts: LIGHTWEIGHT FOAM CORE- A soft yet resilient foam core spreads impact forces evenly over a large area. FIRMER FOAM CARRIER- Stabilizes the softer core, holding it in place so it springs straight back up.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.