- Dri-FIT fabric helps keep you comfortable and dry
- Built-in Nike Pro Combat inner shorts provide support
- Zippered pocket for secure storage
- Built-in Nike Pro Combat shorts for compression support and comfort
- Back zip pocket for secure storage
- Reflective elements provide high visibility in low light
- Body: Dri-FIT 88% polyester/12% spandex. Front lining: Dri-FIT 100% recycled polyester. Back lining: Dri-FIT 84% polyester/16% spandex.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.