The Shield Flash Jacket has been designed to make sure you are seen in low light conditions thanks to Nikes glass-beaded exterior, this is on the lower body and sleeves and produces 360 degrees of 400-candlepower reflectivity for enhanced visibility. The Shield combines reflectivity, breathability and weather protection to keep you warm and safe.
- Weather Protection: Storm-FIT 10 fabric delivers breathable wind and water resistance, and a waterproof front zipper enhances weather protection. The runner-specific hood adds coverage and warmth.
- Breathability: Vents increase airflow to help regulate your temperature on the run.
- Sweat-wicking Dri-FIT knit fabric on the inner collar and cuffs to help keep you dry
- Hand warmers for coverage and warmth Cordlocks at the waist hem and hood opening for a secure, adjustable fit
- Zip pockets for secure storage Bonded seams for lightweight, stitch-free comfort
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.