Meet your new foul-weather training partner, Nike Shieldrunner Flash Men's Running Jacket blocks water and wind while maintaining breathability with a back vent and underarm zippers. Its fully reflective upper panel remains visible on low-light runs.
- Storm-FIT 5 fabric helps block out wind and rain
- Outer layer coating provides 360Â° of reflectivity
- Underarm zippers and center-back vent increase airflow
- Runner-specific hood offers coverage that won't limit visibility while running
- Dropped back enhances coverage
- Foldover cuffs provide coverage when pulled over your hands
- Bonded seams help minimize irritation from chafing and provide lightweight durability
- Materials: 100% polyester
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.