- A merino wool blend with Dri-FIT fabric helps keep you dry and comfortable
- Thumbholes help provide coverage and warmth for your hands in cooler temperatures. The dropped hem offers even more coverage
- Strategically placed flat seams help reduce irritation caused by chafing, and taping at the back interior of the mock neck lends comfort and durability
- Half-zip for ventilation and easy on-and-off
- Reflective loop at upper back to keep media-player cords out of the way
- Reflective elements for enhanced visibility in low-light conditions
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.