The Nike Air Zoom Structure 18 (Wide) Men's Running Shoe features added firmer foam for increased stability, along with ultra-responsive, high speed cushioning to go faster, longer.
- Shoe Category:
- Ideal Use:
- Road Running
- Increased Stability - The Nike Air Zoom Structure 18 improves upon its predecessor with a triple-density Dynamic Support midsole. A new firmer foam along the heel and medial midfoot helps reduce excessive pronation, while Dyamic Support technology uses lightweight wedged foam to support your foot, dramatically increasing stability without adding weight.
- Responsive Cushioning - Nike Zoom Air cushioning in the forefoot delivers a crisp, quick ride. Embedded in the Zoom Air bag are tiny fibers that flex into power position on impact, launching your step and setting up your next one. The result: pure, explosive, unrelenting speed.
- Lightweight Comfort - Engineered mesh throughout the upper provides comfortable ventilation and support where you need it most. For added support, asymmetrical Dynamic Flywire wraps the midfoot to create a secure, glove-like fit.
- Internal toe tip for structure and durability
- Internal heel counter for a snug, secure fit
- Full mesh inner sleeve for enhanced breathability and a sock-like fit
- Compression-moulded Phylon and Cushlon foams fused together for lightweight cushioning
- Deep flex grooves for a smooth, efficient stride
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....