The Air Zoom Elite 9 has been built for high speed, with a low weight design. It features a seamless mesh upper with Flywire cables to provide comfortable support. A Zoom Air unit in the forefoot delivers highly responsive cushioning. And, an ultra-thin outsole keeps the weight of this impressive shoe down, whilst traction remains high.
- Seamless, single-layer mesh construction is lightweight and provides incredible ventilation and support
- Flywire technology wraps the foot for a dynamic glove-like fit
- Asymmetrical lacing is offset to the medial side of the foot to help relieve lace pressure
- Internal heel counter provides a secure rearfoot fit
- Molded EVA sockliner conforms to the shape of your foot for comfort and underfoot support
- Zoom Air unit in the forefoot delivers responsive, low-profile cushioning. It’s loaded from the bottom for a smooth transition
- Hexagonal outsole pattern provides multi-surface traction and durability
- Rubber crash rail on the lateral outsole acts as a cushioning device at contact for a soft, smooth transition
- Ultra-thin outsole keeps weight low and traction high
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.