- Nike Flex fabric stretches with your body
- Breathable, low-profile Nike Flyvent waistband provides a secure fit
- Built-in short with mesh panels delivers breathable support
- Zippered pocket at the back-right and drop-in pocket at the front-right have a vapor barrier to keep items dry from sweat
- Front pocket is designed to hold salt pills. Back-right pocket is designed to hold a media player up to 5.5"" in size
- Low-profile NikeFlyvent waistband with internal drawcord provides a secure fit. It is constructed using 2 pieces of laser-perforated elastic to increase airflow
- 7"" inseam offers comfortable coverage
- 100% polyester
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.