- Natural stride: Hexagonal flex grooves offer six points of flexibility to let your foot move naturally in every direction Low-profile cushioning and a rounded heel encourage a more natural footstrike.
- Water-repellent support: The three-layer, abrasion-resistant mesh upper repels water while keeping your feet cool. Flywire cables integrated with the laces deliver added support and an adaptive fit.
- Enhanced visibility: Inspired by the natural beauty of the Northern Lights, the multicolour reflective upper enhances your visibility in low light.
- Full inner sleeve for breathable, seamless comfort
- No-sew overlays provide support and durability without added weight
- Solid rubber under the toe enhances traction and durability
- Waffle grip pattern on the outsole absorbs impact and adds responsiveness
- Midsole offset: 8mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....