The Nike Unisex Zoom Streak 5 delivers superior lightweight cushioning, dynamic support and unsurpassed breathability to keep you comfortable across the finish line, whether it's 5 kilometers away or 26.2 miles. A Phylon midsole and Nike Zoom Air unit creates lightweight, low-profile cushioning from start to finish.
- Zoom Air unit in the heel delivers responsive cushioning
- Seamless mesh upper for maximum breathability and minimal weight
- Full-length Cushlon midsole helps absorb impact
- Double-layer sandwich mesh in the forefoot and midfoot for breathable comfort
- Flywire technology is customisable through the laces and wraps the midfoot and arch for a dynamic, glove-like fit
- TPU shank to enhance support and stability
- Blown rubber Waffle outsole for durable, firmer cushioning and traction
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....