- Water-resistant finish shields you from inclement weather
- Fitted hood offers coverage without limiting visibility
- Vent at the upper back increases airflow
- Zippered side seam pockets offer secure storage. An internal pocket within the right side provides storage for a small media player
- Pleat at the back waist offers a tailored fit for zero distractions
- Allover "gemstone" print is sublimated to maintain breathability
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.