The Nike Free 5.0 Flash Women's Running Shoe combines a flexible outsole with the cushioning, traction and support of a traditional running shoe. The result is the perfect balance of comfort and natural movement.
- Upper: Lightweight meshes coupled with dynamic flywire offer a breathable and secure lock down while seamless inner booty gives a plush and comfortable fit.
- Midsole: Flex grooves within the Phylon midsole allow the foot to move naturally in multiple directions.
- Outsole: New flex pattern offers 6 directions of motion providing the most flexible outsole to date. Strategically placed rubber lugs for added durability.
- Flash: Highly reflective exteriors deliver unparalleled visibility while a water-resistant upper keeps you dry.
- Hexagonal flex grooves help enhance natural motion
- Flywire cables reinforce the mesh upper for a supportive, ventilated fit
- Anatomically shaped heel design promotes an instinctive footstrike
- Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for lightweight cushioning and reduced weight
- No-sew overlays provide support and durability without added weight
- Reflective elements enhance visibility in low light
- Shoe Category - Minimalist
- Ideal Use - Road Running
- Weight - Approx. 203 grams
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.