The Nike Free 5.0 Flash Women's Running Shoe combines a flexible outsole with the cushioning, traction and support of a traditional running shoe. The result is the perfect balance of comfort and natural movement.
- Shoe Category
- Ideal Use
- Road Running
- Approx. 203 grams
- Hexagonal flex grooves help enhance natural motion
- Flywire cables reinforce the mesh upper for a supportive, ventilated fit
- Anatomically shaped heel design promotes an instinctive footstrike
- Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for lightweight cushioning and reduced weight
- No-sew overlays provide support and durability without added weight
- Reflective elements enhance visibility in low light
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.