Women’s Nike Free RN 2017 Running Shoe is designed to give you miles of comfort in an updated version with reduced layers and weight. With a circular-knit upper allows breathability and for support, the tri-star outsole pattern adjusts to your foot’s every step to deliver support and flexibility.
- Updated circular-knit upper supports with an improved one-to-one fit.
- Low-profile cushioning and rounded heel encourage natural footstrike.
- Auxetic outsole pattern expands with your step for flexible cushioning.
- Dynamic Fit technology is achieved through Flywire cables integrated with the laces for an adaptive, supportive fit.
- Minimal, molded sockliner mimics the curvature of the foot to add support.
- Segments of solid rubber under the toe and heel enhance traction and durability in these key wear zones.
- Offset: 8mm (14mm/forefoot, 22mm/heel) Last: QD-39
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.