The Nike Free RN Distance Women's Running Shoe features Lunarlon cushioning with large hexagonal flex grooves for more natural motion with the soft comfort you need for longer runs. The RN Distance has built on the success of the Nike Free range to provide you with a wonderful running experience.
- Partial inner sleeve wraps your forefoot in breathable comfort
- Reconstructed mesh heel provides support and breathability
- Solid rubber segments under the toe for enhanced traction and durability
- Anatomical heel enables more natural motion
- Shoe Category:
- Ideal Use:
- Road Running
- Approx. 207 grams
- Move Naturally:
- The natural-motion outsole features hexagonal flex grooves that offer six points of flexibility, allowing your feet to move the way they were meant to.
- Soft Cushioning:
- The lightweight Lunarlon cushioning system delivers miles of soft responsiveness. It fuses soft foam and a lightweight Phylon carrier to deliver an excellent blend of plush comfort and durable support to go the distance.
- Breathable Comfort:
- Single-layer, engineered knit helps keep your feet cool, while Flywire cables integrated with the laces wrap your arch for an adaptive, supportive fit.
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.