The Nike Free RN Distance Women's Running Shoe is ideal for longer runs. Lunarlon cushioning and large hexagonal flex grooves allow a more natural running motion allow you to run comfortably mile after mile. The upper is constructed from single-layer, engineered knit fabric for added breathability.
- Shoe category: Cross training
- Ideal use: Cross training
- Breathable fabric in the forefoot and internal sleeve helps keep your feet cool and comfortable
- Flywire technology—strong, lightweight cables that provide support—bring a secure, locked-in fit through your midfoot
- Dynamic Fit technology provides a secure, adaptive fit
- Soft, responsive Lunarlon cushioning helps absorb impact
- Loosely woven fabric in the forefoot for natural stretch
- Weight: 207 grams approx. (women's size 5.5)
- Offset: 4mm
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.