The Nike Free Run Motion is the latest in the generation of "Free" technology- it incorporates an entirely new outsole geometry allowing the foot to flex and expand during every step. The revolutionary auxetic sole mimics the biomechanics of your foot, flexing and contracting to provide a natural ride.
- Strong, lightweight Flyknit upper construction provides a snug, supportive fit.
- Low-profile cushioning and rounded heel encourage natural footstrike.
- Auxetic tri-star outsole pattern expands with your step to provide cushioning while maintaining flexibility.
- Flywire cables integrates with the laces for a dynamic, supportive fit through the midfoot.
- Notch in the collar allows for easy on and off.
- Offset: 4mm
- Last: QD-39
- Shoe Category:
- Minimalist Shoe
- Ideal Use:
- Training/ Racing
- Approx. 206 grams
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.