The Nike LunarGlide+ 4 Breathe running shoe provides lightweight support for the mild - to moderate overpronator. Runners love this shoe with the addition of dynamic Flywire for an adaptive, glove-like fit, and it's lighter than ever.
- Upper: Evolved flywire hugs the entire length of foot with customizable lightweight support; heel clip engages upon footstrike for snug fit and support
- Outsole: Natural-motion-engineered flex grooves promote an efficient stride; brs 1000 at heel; environmentally preferred rubber everywhere else
- Midsole: Lunarlon cushioning system with a "bottomless" carrier construction and the dynamic support platform provides support and plush cushioning
- With arguably the best upper fit in the industry, this shoe provides lightweight support for the mild to moderate overpronator
- Weight: Approx. 215 grams
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....