The Women's Lunarglide+5 are running shoes that are lightweight. It features Flywire technology which offers a great fit and feel. It gives excellent ventilation where it's most needed. The flywire wraps the midfoot and arch and combines with the lace loops, tightening for a closer fit and reducing pressure on the top ridge of the foot. It gives great support and comfort.
- The seamless single-layer mesh upper with ultra-strong Flywire threads delivers a superior fit and feel, offering ventilation and support where you need it most. For an adaptive, glove-like fit, the updated Flywire wraps the midfoot and arch and integrates with the lace loops, tightening for a closer fit and reduced pressure on the top ridge of the foot. Dynamic Support provides just the stability you need without the added weight or stiffness of a traditional medial post. A floating heel clip moves with the foot to add another level of support, moderating excessive rearfoot pronation. The shoe's Lunarlon cushioning features a soft yet resilient foam core encased within a supportive foam carrier for lightweight, ultra-plush cushioning and springy response.
- Mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a comfortable fit
- Sockliner molds to the shape of your foot for a custom fit and improved underfoot support
- Plush foam in the collar for enhanced heel lockdown
- Deep flex grooves for increased flexibility and a smooth, efficient stride
- Reflective elements for enhanced visibility in low light
- Nike+ ready
- Shoe Category: Stability
- Ideal Use: Road Running
- Weight: Approx. 230g
When superstar track and field coach Bill Bowerman met talented middle-distance runner Phil Knight, an unlikely partnership was formed.
Bowerman was looking for lighter, more durable running shoes for his Oregon University Runners, and Knight was searching for a way to make a living without having to give up athletics all together. The two put their heads together and came up with a shoe that featured outsoles modelled on a waffle iron – unconventional, but somehow it worked.
Bowerman and Knight named their new venture Nike, after the Greek goddess of victory, and began selling their shoes from out the boot of a car. From these humble beginnings, the company has grown into a sports industry market leader, and its distinctive ‘swoosh’ logo is arguably the most recognisable brand logo on the planet.
Despite this success, Nike’s mission statement remains the unchanged: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Because if you have a body, you’re an athlete.
You may also like....